Thursday, August 10, 2006

I Heart Nerds



Why to I love nerds? Because I am one. I recently convinced Sam into a new monitor. The 17" extra large box outsized our cute Pottery Barn desk. My roommate Laurie and I bought in during the college years only because my first one had conked out and it was cheap (not stylish). Sam agreed. I search the web for the best deal and ended up with a 19” wide screen (OOH AHH). After the box arrived at the door...I found a problem. My graphics card couldn't support my super cool new flat screen. So to the internet I returned(and Fry’s) I go for a new graphics card. Well once thing lead to another and I’m typing on a NEW computer. One gig of processing power, 200 GB of hard drive, DVD burner and a graphics card to support my new monitor...things that make this girl VERY happy. In most marriages you might expect the man to get energized about bites and bytes. But I am the nerd.

I’ve known I am a nerd for a while…in high school I took programming classes, in college I hooked everyone’s computer up (include linking our personal computers to the dorm printer to save money on paper and ink) and now at work I get all the "my computer isn't working can you help" questions.

The most exciting thing about my new computer is with the increase spend I can work on graphics and video editing more. Hopefully I’ll come up with some really good footage. Until then…I’ll keep you up to date with all the coolest websites.

PC World…great how-tos, editorials, keeps me up-to-date on the latest and greatest…
http://www.pcworld.com/

For those with digital cameras…the coolest book making site I’ve found is..
http://www.picaboo.com/

Simple and easy photo editing (including a straighten tool to fix the horizon)
http://picasa.google.com/

Also for those with external hard drives…Good Sync will help you synchronize the files and data…
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,62374;order,1;page,1;c,All%20Downloads/description.html

Any one else have any cool computer/software sites?

2 comments:

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

You rock Hollee! I heart nerds too! Question: Tell me how I can make my Blog beautiful. I would like to personalize it, maybe add a brazilian flag as the background, change the font of my title, and maybe even at the famous Christ statue from Rio to the top. What do think?

Unknown said...

I vouch for newegg.com. It's the ultimate in bargain shopping for all of your geeky needs and fixes. :-)