Saturday, January 07, 2006

Old Friends and Great Pancakes…

As Friday’s work came to an end, I took off to Nashville to visit old friends. A number of my college girlfriends have left Nashville since graduation so this was a small reunion for eight of us.

For those from or have visited Nashville…you know of the Pancake Pantry. The Pantry is known for the fluffy and sweet goodness of pancakes, the not so friendly wait staff and the comatose feeling that hits about two hours after. The seating process didn’t move along as quickly as we would have liked. The seating policy at Pancake Pantry does not include the traditional list and a hostess but rather every party waits in line until a table is available. Most weekends the line exceeds outside the restaurant and around the corner. After waiting almost 45 minutes, our party of seven was overlooked for a party 15 that were in line behind us. We were seated within several minutes of that but not without hunger driven bad attitudes towards the hostess. All our negativity was lifted with one bite into the heavenly favors created by Pancake Pantry. I enjoyed every bite of my five sugar and spice pancakes.


While the pancakes were good…the friendship was even better. Few things compare to time with old friends whom you love and trust. We talked about changes, babies, relationships, families and jobs but the words were not as in important as the shared importance of our friendships. We all have matured and developed since first starting at Lipscomb together in the fall of 1997 but our friendships continue even stronger.


I greatly enjoyed my eighteen hours in Nashville because I was able to spend time with great friends. I thank God for creating friends!

5 comments:

hannah said...

Hi Hollee, Jenn, Ashlee, Amy, Carmen, Mandy, Jenny..what a fun get together weekend! You girls look great! Mmmmm pancake pantry, still worth the line. Better than the bbq line in Memphis I'd say!

Katie said...

Amen Sister! Good friends are one of God's many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Holls, What great fun! What a treat to see those beautiful familiar faces again! How is everyone? JENN- where are you working and living now? JB- What's the wedding date? GINNY- I had no idea you were in the country!! CARMEN- How's that beautiful boy? ASHLEY, MANDY, and AMY- babies soon?????
Miss everyone, wish I could have been there too. Love and blessings to all.
reese
reesedenham@aol.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Hollee, I wish that I could have been there with you guys to visit! Miss you all very much, and I always laugh when I think about college at Lipscomb :)

Laurie said...

I wish I could have been there! MMMM....Cinnamon and spice pancakes are yummy, but I miss all the girls even more!