Monday, January 23, 2006

BUNKO

I consider myself lucky to be part of two bunko groups. The Tuesday night bunko scheduled bunko group is composed of twelve different ladies from Grapevine Church and a Friday night bunko group with an open invitation to all the ladies in our Young Marrieds’ class. Bunko is a no so challenging game in which all one has to do is roll sixes. The lack of challenge in the game allows for in-depth conversion over the rolling of the dice. Bunko nights allow me to check in with all my Grapevine friends.

God has blessed me with a number of great female friends most of which are a part of our Young Marrieds’ class. Each of them provides a different type of support and encouragement to me and Sam. Daily…I am reminded of the strength that God provides through these friendships.


Pictured here are my friends from my Young Marrieds' class (several left early so they missed the picture). Pictured: Mindy, Christy, Shara, Jennifer, myself, Michelle and Summer

Our bunko group was disrupted this month as the bunko bag was mia. Shara & I adventured to retrieve the bag…at our return the group had already conversed therefore January was the un-bunko bunko month.

2 comments:

hannah said...

Ah-hah. So finally someone's explaining "bunko". Its a Memphis thing too..I'd never heard of it. Sounds like Bridge group spiced up for the younger generation. I'd just assume play spoons! Your group looks great fun Hollee!

Anonymous said...

I picked the wrong place to stand! With my dark hair in front of Jennifer's dark shirt I look like I have quite a 'fro! It was fun though! :)