Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Blogging into 2006

With slightly nervous fingers, I begin a new year as a member of the blogger club. As people around the world are beginning new habits or ending bad habits…I figure no better time to start. Since I’m not known for my great writing or grammar skills (my husband has to re-write all my papers)…hopefully this will be entertaining enough for you to return.

The purpose of this new habit is to keep in contact with my friends around the globe. My college roommate Laurie will speak to the fact that I’m not the world’s greatest in keeping friends up to date with my life. She recently got upset with me for only sending e-mails related to supporting Southwest Airlines’ fight to repeal the
Wright Amendment. Hopefully this blog will allow the Internet community to know what is going on with Sam & Hollee.



Just before the holidays, I got to experience a wonderful trip to see the Capitol Christmas Tree lighting in Washington, DC. Southwest Airlines sponsored the event by flying an eight year old student from New Mexico to Washington to light the tree. The whole event was very magical and a once in a lifetime event for this girl from Texas.


Before I finish my first entry, I’d like to introduce my family.


My only child is about 85 lbs., chocolate brown and walks on four legs. Apache has been a part of our family for a few weeks before our engagement. She may not be the most well behaved dog but given her parents what could one expect. She is pictured here as the 2006 Ford Family Christmas logo.


Sam, my husband since June 28, 2003, is a native Texan. He loves football, hunting and anything else considered 'Texan'. I am still working to get him to cheer for the right UT orange which is in Tennessee.

Until next time...pray for rain in Texas!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you've joined us in the blogging world! I can't wait to read all your great insights to life!

hannah said...

Allright Hollee!!..I love this way of catching up. One of these days I'm bound to see you again- I love all my Texas freinds & try to get down there as much as possible. Love your little reindeer! Here's to blogging & connecting with more friends in 2006! ~Hannah

(are you expecting scary comments?! You've got high level security on your comment page- only bloggers can post after your approval- just making sure you know :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hollee, I have enjoyed reading your blogging page. It is keeping me informed of all your activities. Tell Sam howdy from us and maybe we can see y'all sometime. If you and Sam are ever in Memphis give us a call. We would love to see y'all. Love you, Aunt Angie and gang