Saturday, July 21, 2007

July 21

So I'm currently stuck in the LAX airport with a four layover before our flight to Hawaii. I'm not real big on layovers...I usually always fly standby on the next flight out (one of my favorite benefits of an airline employee).

Sam & I have been really busy so I'd like to fill you in on the last few weeks.

We've both become better at the wakeboard. Sam takes lots of video of our wicked tricks so I'll try to post them soon. Most weekends we head out to my parent's lakehouse after work on Friday and then head back home on Sunday evening. We've become regular visitors to the Azle Church of Christ.

Last weekend we had a great time in Chicago with Sam's cousin Carrie and her husband Wes. On Saturday morning, Carrie and I headed to the Miracle Mile for a visit to our favorite store H&M. After about an hour and a half later we left with full shopping bags and a somewhat frustrated Sam. Following H&M...we made our way on the L to Wrigleyville. This was the first visit for myself, Sam and Wes. WOW! There are few things I appreciate more than a passionate sports fan and the Cubbie Fans are passionate. It was a great day and SO much fun. Plus the Cubbies won!!

Following the game we met up with Sam's college friend Preston and his wife. It was great to see them. Sam wanted to eat Mexician food in Chicago (remember we traveled from Texas to Chicago...to eat Mexician?). Anyway...following dinner we enjoyed laughs at Second City. Second City is known as the comedy university and many great comics get their start at Second City. The 11:00pm show was hard for us to stay awake but our laughter kept us awake.

I have some great pictures to post but I'm on my little brother's laptop so I'll have to post another time.

I'm about to board a flight for Hawaii. We are all excited to meet up with Chad. (We are meeting in Hawaii since it is somewhat a half-way point between Dallas and Japan.) We'll be on the island of Kauai. We've never been to this island before so we are excited to explore.

One more quick note...any one buy the Deathly Hollows book? Funny thing...like half the plane has the book. I will admit that I bought it...I became addicated to Harry thanks to my college roommate Laurie. I've read the other six and I'm anxious to find out the ending to the story. (I haven't finished yet so don't tell me.)

4 comments:

Laurie said...

oh girl. You know I am knee deep in the book. I stayed up ALL night long last night reading it and I have a feeling I will read until I have finished it tonight. Have a blast in Hawaii this week! Give Chad a hug for me and call me when you get back. I really want to get together soon!

amie said...

Let me know how Kauai is..we are headed there in September and are super excited!! Hope you guys have fun and relax!

Anonymous said...

Hi Hollee,

I´m an emploee of Sky Europe Airlines and I´d like to ask you if you could provide me with some email contact to your HR department. Need some reference about our new emploee who says that worked for SWA.
Thank you for your answer
milan.baka@skyeurope.com

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Can't wait to see photos of your trip! Post soon.