Thursday, July 05, 2007

Digital Pictures

Don't you all just love the convience of digital photography? You take all the pictures you want. Only print the ones you need. You can also reprint later, right?

Well my good friend's Adam and Doodle had a computer crash and they have lost very valuable pictures. (They are currently searching for help recovering information from a hard drive...if you know anyone let me know.) Which reminded me to back up my pictures. I lost all the pictures from my personal camera from my wedding and honeymoon...thanks to a computer virus.

I thought I'd share my tips for backing up information including pictures. I have an external hard drive which is connected desktop computer. I save all important documents including pictures on both. So how do I compare and make sure that the same information is on both? Good Sync. It is an awesome little program. It looks at two folders and analyzes them. Following the analyzation it will tell you which files are missing from each folder. Then you can chose to synchronize. It will then copy the missing files from both folders so both folders will contain all the information. The best news...it is free! For a large number of files, it will cost you but after the first synchronization...your files will be much smaller.

Any other tips for backing up and/or protecting information?

2 comments:

Susan @ Blessed Assurances said...

Holly,

My FIL saved my computer. LEt me know if they still need someone, you have my email I think, don't you? He can help.

Susan Johnson Young

Abigail and Ansley said...

Thanks so much for the tip!!! That is very helpful!