Friday, September 08, 2006

Friday Night Lights

Fall Friday Nights in Texas focus on one thing...High School Football. Since my father-in-law is a coach for the Colleyville Heritage Panthers, I cheer for the CHHS Panthers! P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S Fight! Fight! Fight! Tonight the Panters take on Denton Ryan. So today I'm supporting the home team by sporting a red shirt with black flip-flops. Tonight you'll find Sam & me sitting on the visiting side of the stadium (to distance ourselves from the other fans).

I encourage you all to support your local High School football team. The teams, fans, band, cheerleaders, drill team, foam fingers and concession stand food. Where else could you get more action for eight bucks? (Also our concession stands have upgraded from nacho cheese and popcorn…one of the local stadiums sells Chick-fil-A.) If you're in Texas without a home team, we welcome additional support of the CHHS Panthers. More to come…for those not in Texas, our homecoming traditions can be a bit crazy. I'll make sure to post pictures from those games!

2 comments:

Noe Family said...

What a good blogger you've been lately Hollee!!! I've been so excited to check your blog each day. Way to go girlie!!

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

I love highschool football games!! An excellent date idea! The marching band is my favorite though. As the former band geek- the drum major of Palm Bay HS, I have to resist the urge to throw my arms up and start directing. Ha!

Yes, I have to agree with the former post. Glad to see frequent posts!