Monday, June 04, 2007

New Orleans

Recently I had the pleasure of visiting New Orleans. Southwest Vacations hosted a retreat for our top producting Travel Agents. New Orleans is know for great music, great food and great fun.

As many have said...New Orleans is back. I experienced it first hand. If you plan a trip...here are a few of my New Orlean's favorites.

Cafe Du Monde - A New Orleans landmark offering the best beignets and coffee.

Personally I liked the frozen cafe au lait. The original cafe is still in the heart of the New Orleans French Market.






Oak Alley Plantation - An Antebellum Mississippi River mansion. Just beautiful. The walkway up to the mansion is lined with 300 year old trees. As we walked up a gospel choir was singing hymns.
(okay I know this isn't Sam...this is Jeremy my new Co-worker at SWA)


The New Orleans School of Cooking - With the help of a few chefs, we cooked our meal for the evening and I learned to cook creole.



I didn't get a picture of me but I pounded chicken and then stuffed with cornbread stuffing. It was delicious.







Swamp Tour - A little too close to hungry alligators but very exciting. Here a few pictures from the tour including one with me and a baby gator.



The French Quarter is fun but a little smelly in parts and you gotta watch where you step. (I have a no puttle rule...i.e. don't step in them!)

This was my first trip with my new job. All in a day's work, right?

4 comments:

Shara Smith said...

Hollee, love the pictures! Looks like you are loving the new job and I can't blame you for it! Sounds like tons of fun!

Laurie said...

New Orleans is one of my favorite places to visit in America!! Cafe Du Monde is also a MUST if you are there. Let us know of any special travel deals to NOLA. Russell and I were actually thinking about going there for our 5th Anniv. in November. Let's have lunch soon..I think it's been more than a month!

Kimberlie Reese Denham said...

Looks like you had a fun time Holls. I've never been to New Orleans- maybe sometime in the future!

Jillina said...

Fun!! Looks like a great time!