Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Sam Perkins said...

Several weeks ago I was presented with an opportunity to meet a former NBA player Sam Perkins. My husband, also Sam, couldn't attend with me to he sent me with a message of Sam Perkins. Sam, the NBA player, was known in the league as “The Big Smooth”…Sam, my husband, is not a smooth basketball player. He is actually the opposite of smooth as a sports player. So the husband Sam asked that I pass along the message that Sam was his hero as a player. Sam also wanted to be calmer on the court like Sam. As I told Sam, the NBA player, he smiled and asked that I remind Sam that he too was thrown out of a basketball game. However as Sam, the basketball player was leaving the event…he stopped by to give me a message. He said to tell my husband Sam to never have a hot head with me. To tell Sam to count to ten any time he gets angry. Isn’t that a great statement…Sam Perkins said you can’t get mad at me!

No comments: